Milford, Massachusetts
Featured Not resolved

In March of this year, I purchased a 2014 Toyota Tacoma regular cab, which is advertised to tow up to 3500 lbs.Shortly thereafter, I discovered that the truck struggles to tow my 2400 lb R-Pod camper trailer, particularly in roads with any incline.

It also fails to maintain safe highway speeds with the camper in tow. I had brought the brochure for the camper to the dealership prior to purchase, and the sales person I worked with told me that the truck was suitable enough to pull the weight. Both the dealership and Toyota’s Customer Experience Center still insist that the vehicle is operating as designed, even though it cannot pull the weight as promised. When the dealership’s mechanic drove the vehicle, he condemned it, confirming that it was underpowered.

I have made the attorney general aware, but I still have not reached a resolution. As a 73 year old retiree working as a part time crossing guard, I cannot afford to put much more of my savings into this situation. I have given three acceptable options for the dealership to correct the situation: fix the truck I have so that it can pull the advertised weight, provide me with another truck that can pull the advertised weight, or give me my money back.

Months later, I am still waiting.

Monetary Loss: $19125.

Had an Experience with Ira Motor Group?

Comments

GOT***EDBUY TOYOTA
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States #942595

Sounds like toyota, they suck